Welcome to Long Island Indo American Lions Club
District 20 - K2
Charted on 6th February 2019
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million
members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the
Lions meet the needs of local communities and the world every day
because they share a core belief - to serve their community.
- Lions have a dynamic history. Founded in 1917, we are best known for fighting blindness, but we also volunteer for many different kinds of community projects - including caring for the environment, feeding the hungry and aiding seniors and the disabled.
- Lions give sight. By conducting vision screenings, equipping hospitals and clinics, distributing medicine and raising awareness of eye disease, Lions work toward their mission of providing vision for all. We have extended our commitment to sight conservation through countless local efforts and through our international SightFirst Programs, which works to eradicate blindness.
- Lions serve youth. Our community projects often support local children and schools through scholarships, recreation and mentoring. Internationally, we offer many programs, including the Peace Poster Contest, Youth Camps and Exchange and Lions Quest.
- Our Leo Program provides the youth of the world with an opportunity for personal development through volunteering. There are approximately 144,000 Leos and 5,700 Leo clubs in more than 140 countries worldwide.
- Lions award grants. Since 1968, the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) has awarded more than US$700 million in grants to support Lions humanitarian projects around the world. LCIF was also ranked the number one nongovernmental organization in a 2007 study by The Financial Times.
- Lions help during disasters. Together, our Foundation and Lions are helping communities following natural disasters by providing for immediate needs such as food, water, clothing and medical supplies – and aiding in long-term reconstruction.
- Lions are active. Our motto is "We Serve." Lions are part of a global service network, doing whatever is necessary to help our local communities.
For more about Lions Clubs, go to www.lionsclubs.org
"Very Well Conducted Introduction Address. Your Club Has Good Potential Members. Their
Exuberance is Evident From The Way They Addressed. I Predict Good Times Coming For Your Club And It’s
Members. HATS OFF To INDU’S LEADERSHIP. Wishing All The Best to All The Members. Promising to Be Always
With You In All Your Endeavours TO SERVE." Regards, Yours In Lionism, Lion Shyam Seernani. Mumbai,
Our Global Causes
Every journey begins with a single step. One act of service, one encouraging word, one gift of generosity is often all it takes to bring hope where it’s needed most. Over the last 100 years, the kindness of Lions and Leos has multiplied across borders, oceans, and continents. With over 1.4 million members, we now have an opportunity to truly change our world. That’s why we’re uniting our global service around five areas of need. These Global Causes present significant challenges to humanity, and we believe it’s our turn to meet them.
We serve to reduce the prevalence of diabetes and improve quality of life for those diagnosed.
We serve to prevent avoidable blindness and improve quality of life for people who are blind and visually impaired.
We serve to ensure all community members have access to nutritious foods.
We serve to sustainably protect and restore our environment to improve the well-being of all communities.
We serve to help those affected by childhood cancer survive and thrive.
Become Lion Member
Over 1.4 million Lions across the globe are stepping up to serve their communities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
These new challenges have changed the way we live, but our dedication to helping those in need is as strong as it was when we first opened our doors more than 100 years ago. As our world unites to address the COVID-19 pandemic, Lions Clubs International Foundation is responding to the immense challenges facing humankind. Through millions of dollars in grant funding, LCIF has supported Lions relief efforts globally.
Help LCIF continue its commitment to restoring wellbeing to our communities.